November 18th, 2014
Our recent trip, November 10-15, 2014, was a great success. Here's a brief summary...
- We first visited Chaco Canyon in New Mexico, a very special place for the Pueblo tribes of the Southwest.
- In the Pueblo of Zuni, NM, we distributed quality blankets to many of the elderly and then bought a truck load of fire wood for Thelma (pictured below, top right).
- We brought 2 room heaters to John & Thelma, a special family in Window Rock, AZ, the capital of the Navajo Nation (bottom left).
- In Hopi, AZ we distributed blankets to the veterans in the village of Shungopavi and to people in other villages. We also gave food certificates to elderly Hopi, some with very challenging needs. We are planning to purchase and install a larger heater in Uberta's home in Hotevilla.
- Throughout our travels we encouraged and blessed many others in various ways.
Kwakw’ha (Hopi for “thank you”) to everyone who assisted with funds and resources! It was only possible through your generous giving. Visit RTInc.org
for additional information.
Posted in Uncategorized | No Comments »
May 22nd, 2014
Summer events on Hopi June 30 - July 5, 2014
consisted of 28 people from Riverside, CA, 4 from San Bernardino, CA and 5 from Honolulu, HI (not all are shown in the group photo). We partnered with the Hopi Tribe Mobile Library/book mobile with their Summer Reading Program in the village of Moenkopi (located near Tuba City on the Navajo Reservation) and the Tewa Youth Center near Polacca. We also did a great event in the village of Shungopavi.
The events included
games, face painting, balloon animals, crafts, interactive story reading, a magic show, a cultural presentation from Hawaii and treats. What a joy to see the children have such a great time!
We also donated $600 towards the Hopi Cancer Fund
. This fund assists families with transportation to and from Hopi to Phoenix and other cities for treatments plus meals. $600 provides all the services for one family. As well, we assisted families with much needed groceries.
Click here to view a short slide show
Posted in Family Fun Night | No Comments »
February 18th, 2014
Jane and I visited our friends in Hopi (Northern Arizona) and in Zuni (Just south of Gallup, New Mexico) the end of January. Thelma Sheche's brother, Curtis, passed just shortly after we visited with him. We will miss our Zuni brother. I then went back for a day to encourage Thelma (86 years of age). Thank you for praying for the family.
Posted in Zuni | No Comments »
December 14th, 2013
Thank you for your generous donations of finances, blankets and more!
Have a Merry Christmas!
- We were able to paint the inside of the Corn Clan House in Mishongnovi with Molly & Craig Andrews. Many more upgrades are coming.
- We gave many blankets to the elderly. However, with temperatures in the single digits (Fahrenheit) we could have donated 4 times as many blankets! This will be a greater focus next winter.
- We also gave out hundreds of dollars in cash to elderly for Christmas and to use where they saw fit.
- What a joy it was to reconnect with old friends in the Pueblo of Zuni as well!
Posted in Adopt an Elder, Christmas 2013 | No Comments »
November 16th, 2013
We are planning a special visit to our friends on Hopi on Monday, December 9 through Saturday, December 13.
We'll be bringing lots of new blankets and toys. We'll also purchase food certificates from the Kykotsmovi store for the elderly. There's a real need for coal and propane during these months and we'll be assisting many with that as well.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and you can help us by donating a tax-deductible gift through Paypal. Go to our Adopt an Elder page and you'll see our donation button at the bottom of the page.
Posted in Christmas 2013 | No Comments »