August 3rd, 2015
November 18th, 2014
Our recent trip, November 10-15, 2014, was a great success. Here's a brief summary...
- We first visited Chaco Canyon in New Mexico, a very special place for the Pueblo tribes of the Southwest.
- In the Pueblo of Zuni, NM, we distributed quality blankets to many of the elderly and then bought a truck load of fire wood for Thelma (pictured below, top right).
- We brought 2 room heaters to John & Thelma, a special family in Window Rock, AZ, the capital of the Navajo Nation (bottom left).
- In Hopi, AZ we distributed blankets to the veterans in the village of Shungopavi and to people in other villages. We also gave food certificates to elderly Hopi, some with very challenging needs. We are planning to purchase and install a larger heater in Uberta's home in Hotevilla.
- Throughout our travels we encouraged and blessed many others in various ways.
May 22nd, 2014
Summer events on Hopi June 30 - July 5, 2014Our team consisted of 28 people from Riverside, CA, 4 from San Bernardino, CA and 5 from Honolulu, HI (not all are shown in the group photo). We partnered with the Hopi Tribe Mobile Library/book mobile with their Summer Reading Program in the village of Moenkopi (located near Tuba City on the Navajo Reservation) and the Tewa Youth Center near Polacca. We also did a great event in the village of Shungopavi. The events included games, face painting, balloon animals, crafts, interactive story reading, a magic show, a cultural presentation from Hawaii and treats. What a joy to see the children have such a great time! We also donated $600 towards the Hopi Cancer Fund. This fund assists families with transportation to and from Hopi to Phoenix and other cities for treatments plus meals. $600 provides all the services for one family. As well, we assisted families with much needed groceries. Click here to view a short slide show.
February 18th, 2014
December 14th, 2013
Thank you for your generous donations of finances, blankets and more!
- We were able to paint the inside of the Corn Clan House in Mishongnovi with Molly & Craig Andrews. Many more upgrades are coming.
- We gave many blankets to the elderly. However, with temperatures in the single digits (Fahrenheit) we could have donated 4 times as many blankets! This will be a greater focus next winter.
- We also gave out hundreds of dollars in cash to elderly for Christmas and to use where they saw fit.
- What a joy it was to reconnect with old friends in the Pueblo of Zuni as well!